Client Terms & Conditions
FDA Food Facility Registration and US Agent service
By checking the box and submitting the requested registration information to Batavia Solutions, Inc. (Batavia), Your Company agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions listed in this document.
- Authorization. Registrant authorizes Batavia to register its food facility and update or renew the registration with FDA, and to consent on registrant’s behalf to inspection of the facility by FDA. Batavia will be identified as the U.S. Agent for Your Company. You understand and agree that the information Your Company provides for the purpose of completing and submitting the FDA’s registration process will not be privileged or confidential information. As U.S. Agent, Batavia will receive notices from the FDA on your behalf relating to the filing, and will communicate such notices to you.
- Changes to Client Information. You agree to promptly inform Batavia of any changes in the Client Information on the registration form that is required to be updated to the FDA within thirty (30) days of the change.
- FDA Re-inspection Indemnification. In case of FDA re-inspection, you will indemnify Batavia for any and all fees assessed by the U.S. FDA. Terms and fees for re-inspection are outlined in section 743(a) (2)(B) of the FD&C Act. You will notify Batavia before scheduling the initial inspection and pay any initial FDA inspection Fees directly to the FDA.
- Notices. Either party may terminate the relationship at any time for any reason by providing 7 days written notice to the other party. In the event Batavia terminates this Agreement, Batavia shall not be liable to Your Company for any damages.
- FDA Registration and US Agent Renewal. In the event that annual renewal fees are more than 15 days overdue, Batavia reserves the right to cancel the FDA registration for the related food facilities and notify the FDA that Batavia is no longer the US agent for Your Company.