The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is the most sweeping reform of U.S. food safety laws in over 70 years. FSMA aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by shifting the focus from responding to contamination to preventing it. Register-FDA has been helping food companies comply with US FDA regulations since the implementation of the Bioterrorism Act in 2003.
The US FDA published seven rules under the Food Safety Act.
- Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration Final Rule
- Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food Final Rule
- Produce Safety Final Rule and Environmental Impact Statement
- Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) Final Rule
- Accredited Third-Party Certification Final Rule
- Preventive Controls for Human Food Final Rule
- Preventive Controls for Food for Animals Final Rule
The implementation dates and requirements are complex and depend on many factors. We have developed a tool to help your company comply and avoid unnecessary delays in your supply chain.
Wondering how the US FDA rules impact your business? Use our FSMA Compliance Tool to determine:
- Steps you need to take to implement the new rules
- When your business must comply with each rule
- How Register-FDA can assist your company